There are high chances that Trenavar is among the list of prohormones that you’re considering to cycle with to realize your strength, mass, and size gain goals. It is an extremely strong and powerful steroid which is said to be five times more anabolic and androgenic compared to testosterone. It is known for its ability to boost strength and increase muscle mass rapidly. It is a fast-acting steroid and is thus loved by the bodybuilders.
If you’re still unsure about choosing this prohormone it is possibly because you haven’t got enough information about it. But don’t worry; you’ve come to the right place. This article will help you know everything about this amazing prohormone and why it is a must-have.
Chemical name: estra-4,9,11-triene-3,17-dione
Other names: Tren Elite, Super Trenabol, Trenabol, and T-Var 15.
Half-life: 6-8 hours
What is Trenavar?
Trenavar, also known as Trendione, is a non-methylated oral prohormone. This prohormone is said to be ten times more androgenic as compared to testosterone.
The name “Trenavar” is actually a combination of the words “Trenbolone” and “Anavar,” which easily gives you an idea about its effects. This compound is so powerful that it is often described in bodybuilding forums as “the steroid of choice to the gods” for its “transformational” benefits to the body.
This prohormone works so rapidly that most of its users reported witnessing results within 7-10 days of its use. However, Trenavar can reduce your stamina due to which you might be unable to carry out cardio exercises for as long as you otherwise can.
Although Trenavar is said to be a unique prohormone, it has a lot of similarities with an injectable steroid known as Trenbolone which is also quite successful in the bodybuilding world.
Interestingly, Trenavar and Trenbolone – also known as “Tren” – are so alike that cycling with this prohormone will actually lead to the stimulation of the naturally active trenbolone in the body, leading to greater vascularity, faster loss of fat as well as a considerable boost in size and strength. As soon as the compound of Trenavar combines with hydrogen inside the system, its conversion into Trenbolone takes place.
Besides the above-mentioned benefits, bodybuilders also go for Trenavar for its convenience in terms of dosing. Come to think of it, why go through the hassle of injecting when you can virtually take the same stuff orally? Trenavar can be used as a standalone prohormone or as part of a stack.
This prohormone is the only proven compound that gets converted into Trenbolone when metabolized by the body. Now while there are a number of Trenavar “clones” that you can go for, know that these actually convert into Dienolone, which is much weaker in comparison.
Trenavar is quite versatile and is commonly used by bodybuilders during contest prep as well as offseason. Many experienced users of this prohormone report that this compound has the ability not just to retain, but also pack on extra mass during these times when combined with a low-calorie diet.
Additionally, Trenavar doesn’t convert into estrogen and won’t trigger any estrogenic side effects when cycled. However, it is still crucial to get a proper post cycle therapy (PCT) after cycling with this prohormone to stave off any adverse side effects.
Trenavar was released in 2011 by two supplement companies, namely PHF Supplements based in Mandeville, Louisiana and Innovative Body Enhancement Supplements (IBE), which is located in San Bernardino, California.
This prohormone has similar effects on the body as Trenbolone, a type of veterinary steroid that was originally used to add mass and size to cattle before being sent to the abattoir.
Although this prohormone quickly gained a lot of followers after its release in the mainstream market, particularly over the internet, it was taken off the shelves almost immediately after the ban on prohormones enforced by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Now while Trenavar is banned these days, it is still accessible through the black market and veterinary sources.
We have listed down all the proven benefits of Trenavar that you’re going to get if you’re planning to integrate this powerful prohormone in your bodybuilding arsenal:
- This anabolic steroid is mostly used for cutting purposes. So you know can expect that it will cut up all the bulk that you’ve achieved. It sheds your body fat rapidly and helps you achieve your cutting goals in very little time.
- It leads to considerable increases in strength. This is a great benefit if you’re trying to train hard.
- One of the greatest benefits of this anabolic steroid, which gives it an edge on other steroids, is that it does not have any estrogenic effects. Note here that estrogen is the hormone that is responsible for the development of female secondary sexual characteristics and can thus lead to gynecomastia (enlarged breasts in men). In addition, high estrogen level in the body can cause problems like darkening of the skin, loss of scalp hair, freckles, breast pain, water retention, bloat, and in more severe cases, prostate cancer and heart disease. As Trenavar does not have any estrogenic effects, it will keep you safe from all the above-mentioned issues. So you can work on your size and mass gains without worrying about developing women-like breasts.
- It significantly increases the size and muscle mass giving your muscles more definition and a much fuller look.
- One of the major determinants of your overall score is vascularity. Superior vascularity increases your chances of success in a competition. This prohormone significantly improves your vascularity. By eliminating excess body fat, increasing blood flow, and building more muscles, it widens your blood vessels and makes them more visible.
You must have already fallen in love with Trenavar after reading the above-mentioned benefits but you need to know that it has several side effects as well. Although none of them is very serious but it is always better to be cautious.
The following side effects are reported by users who have already cycled with Trenavar:
- Increased aggression
- A headache and soreness in the legs
- Reduced thyroid levels
- Reduced endurance levels
- Can lead to bad cholesterol and blood pressure levels. However, these effects mostly vanish after completion of the cycle.
- Increase in prolactin. Going into more detail, increase in prolactin can lead to erectile dysfunction, lactation, and puffiness in the nipple area, and in some cases to gynecomastia. Some users have also reported having problems with libido several weeks after discontinuing this anabolic steroid. However, you don’t have to really worry about all this. These effects can be controlled by running pramipexole or cabergoline. These medicines work as prolactin inhibitors and therefore, will counter prolactin problems and save you from all the trouble.
- Being a 17-alpha alkylated compound, it has the potential to put a strain on your liver and heart. Thus, it is highly recommended to run liver support and avoid drinking alcohol while cycling on this strong anabolic steroid. Also, make sure to go through a proper post cycle therapy to restore your liver health.
- Can cause bouts of insomnia, fatigue, and lethargy. It is a fast-acting prohormone and therefore puts a strain on the body. You will witness rapid muscle mass and strength gains while using Trenavar but at the same time you’ll feel lethargic and lazy. This will happen because due to its fast-acting property, Trenavar will put pressure on your tissues and organs. Therefore, it is essential to keep the doses low, especially if you are a beginner.
- This prohormone is highly anabolic and literally sucks all the carbs in your meals into the muscles. As a result, it can lead to a dip in blood sugar levels thereby making you dizzy, lethargic, and sweaty. You’re also likely to face other issues related to low blood sugar level. However, you can counter this problem by increasing your carbohydrate intake and carrying sugar with you.
- As this prohormone increases your metabolism and body heat, dehydration is a common issue during its use. Some users have reported that they felt thirsty and nauseous all the time while cycling on this anabolic steroid. Some have also complained about the darkening of urine. To avoid or minimize these side effects, it is important to double your water intake. Also, try staying out of the heat or don’t run this prohormone during hot months.
Although there are some accounts that emphasize that Trenavar can cause “Tren cough,” but this isn’t something that you may go through while using this prohormone. You can only experience the same when using the injectable Trenbolone.
A Quick Rundown on a Trenavar Cycle
Trenavar is a highly powerful and intense prohormone and therefore should be cycled for only 30 days in low doses. The experienced users of this prohormone recommend that the beginners should start off with a dose of 10-20 mg per day. It is suggested to take this dose in split intervals each day in order to minimize side effects.
Beginning with a higher dose is risky and may cause serious side effects, especially during the third week of the cycle. Once your body has become used to this prohormone you can jump to a higher dose of 30-40 mg per day.
According to experienced users, the best options to stack with Trenavar are Testosterone, Equipoise, Primobolan, and Epistane. Some users have also stated in bodybuilding forums that they have stacked Trenavar with progestins such as Deca Durabolin. However, this is only recommended to people who have an extensive experience in using anabolic steroids and prohormones.
Whether you use Trenavar as an individual prohormone or you stack it with other prohormones, an on-cycle support is highly important to keep yourself safe from health problems such as liver issues and hypertension.
Although Trenavar is a non-methylated prohormone, taking an on-cycle support is still mandatory. You would surely want to keep your blood pressure in check and an on-cycle support helps you in that. Trenavar usually reduces your thyroid levels which increases the production of prolactin in the body. Excessive amount of prolactin in the body can result in lactation in the nipple area, puffiness, and sensitivity. To keep you safe from these side effects, it highly recommended taking a prolactin inhibitor such as Prolactrone by Black Lion Research or Inhibit-P by SNS while cycling on Trenavar. These prolactin inhibitors effectively control the production of prolactin and thus save you from experiencing any of the above mentioned side effects.
Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) Pointers
Although Trenavar doesn’t have estrogenic side effects, it is still very important to go through a proper post cycle therapy (PCT) after using this prohormone. Trenavar is highly powerful and may affect your organs and hormone levels. Therefore a PCT is necessary to bring your hormone levels back to normal and help your organs recover from any kind of damage.
It also helps you maintain your gains and restores your overall health. As you know, when we run a prohormone, our body stops producing its natural hormones. What a post cycle therapy does is that it restores your body to its natural state thereby leading it to produce hormones at natural levels again. In this way, it brings your hormones to natural levels and saves you from the unpleasant side effects that could otherwise turn up.
Going into more detail about “how” a PCT normalizes your hormone levels, what it basically does is that it controls the production of estrogen (the hormone responsible for almost all the trouble) and boosts the production of testosterone (the hormone that eliminates excess body fat, helps you gain and maintain muscle mass in your body, strengthens your heart and provides many other benefits).
If you don’t go through a proper PCT after running this strong prohormone, you’ll put yourself at risk of losing all your muscle gains. Moreover, you may also experience side effects like depression, gynecomastia, high estrogen level, low testosterone level, and loss of sex drive.
You surely don’t want to face any of these side effects, so make sure to go through a proper post cycle therapy after cycling with Trenavar.
Yes, it can easily be stacked with other prohormones. It is commonly stacked with Testosterone, Epistane, Equipoise, and Primobolan. However, if you’re a beginner, it’s better for you to avoid stacking and take Trenavar by itself.
The suggested dose of Trenavar is 30-40 mg per day for 30 days. It is better to split the dose into 2 intervals i.e. take 15-20 mg two times a day. However, if you’re a beginner, we would recommend you to keep your dose as low as 10-20 mg per day. Once you’ve judged your tolerance to the drug, you can jump to a higher dose.