LGD 4033 Overview
Other Name(s): Ligandrol, LGD 4033, VK-5211, LGD, Anabolicum
Half Life: 24 hours, depending on individual
LGD-4033, known also as Ligandrol and Anabolicum, is the strongest orally bioavailable, non-steroidal, selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM) currently on the market.
Popular with athletes, power lifters and bodybuilders for its ability to both bulk and cut, Ligandrol produces steroid-like results without the side effects.
It’s considered an excellent supplement for those looking to recomp: reduce their body fat and increase lean muscle mass.
From a medical perspective, Ligandrol is being studied to treat conditions such as muscle wasting linked with acute and chronic diseases, age-related muscle loss, Osteoporosis and cancer.
Let’s take a closer look…
LGD-4033 was originally discovered by Ligand pharmaceuticals and is currently under development by Viking Therapeutics as VK5211.
From the start, LGD-4033 has been anticipated to yield the healing benefits of testosterone with better safety, admissibility and patient acceptance due to the tissue-selective mechanism of action and its oral form of administering.
How it Works
Ligandrol works in the same way as other SARM’s: by selectively activating androgen receptors to promote anabolic activity exclusively in muscle and bone.
New to SARM’s? Click here for the beginner’s guide to SARMs for everything you need to know.
Studies show  that LGD-4033 has a high-affinity muscle and bone AR’s rather than prostate, liver or sebaceous glands, which makes it an ideal SARM for building and preserving muscle mass and bone mineral density.
Since its initial discovery, two phases of clinical trials have been completed to study the application of LGD-4033 for muscle and bone growth.
Clinical Trial Phase 1: Effects on Lean Body Mass & Muscle Strength
The first phase of the clinical trial involved 76 healthy male adults who took a placebo or 0.1mg, 0.3mg, or 1.0mg of LGD-4033 for a 21-day period.  The study observed the effect of Ligandrol on lean body mass, muscle strength, stair-climbing power, and sex hormones. The results are extremely promising. You can read the study here.
Clinical Trial Phase 2:
The second phase clinical trial is currently underway by Viking Pharmaceuticals to investigate LGD-4033’s ability to benefit individuals recovering from hip fracture surgery.
Ligandrol’s ability to stimulate and preserve lean body mass, improve muscle strength and improve bone mineral density is favorable for elderly individuals most at risk of falls and morbidity associated with hip fractures.
Why YOU Should Take Ligandrol: The Benefits
There are 7 primary benefits that have been observed in both initial studies and user-reported reviews of LGD-4033…
- LGD-4033 increases lean muscle mass. The clear-cut primary benefit of supplementing with Ligandrol is its ability to increase lean muscle mass without increasing fat when bulking. The Phase 1 trial showed that participants taking 1.0mg of Ligandrol gained on average 2.66lbs (1.21kg) of lean body mass over the 21-day period. This increase was dose-dependent, meaning the more LGD-4033 taken, the more lean muscle mass was created. NB: Recommended dosage is 10mg per day. We do not advocate going higher than this dose.
- LGD-4033 may improve strength and stamina. One key study measured participants’ stair-climbing speed and power as an indicator of muscle strength and endurance. Results from the 21-day study indicated a trend towards dose-related improvement of stair-climbing speed and power thanks to LGD. Real users have noted an increase in muscle strength and stamina while cycling Ligandrol, which correlates with the increase in lean muscle mass seen in studies.
- LGD-4033 selectively targets muscle and bone tissue. As a true SARM, LGD targets the AR almost exclusively in muscle and bone tissue, which is why it is being studied to prevent and treat caxechia, sarcopenia, osteoporosis and older individuals recovering from hip fractures. Studies show that, even though there was clear androgenic activity in muscle and bone tissue, the prostate-specific antigen did not change significantly when taking the correct Anabolicum dosage.
- LGD-4033 may increase fat loss. LGD has amazing anti-catabolic activity, which means it prevents the breakdown of hard-earned muscle. This is why lean body mass has been reported in some users to increase even during a caloric deficit. Ligandrol also indirectly reduces body fat by increasing muscle and bone cells, which are more metabolically expensive to maintain than fat cells. By increasing muscle mass, an increase in the catabolic activity metabolism is seen, which results in an easier fat loss. Many users report stacking LGD-4033 with S4 (Andarine) to support simultaneous bulking and cutting. 
- LGD-4033 boosts mental well-being. Many users have reported feeling positive, strong and a sense of ‘alpha’ when taking Ligandrol. This state of mental wellbeing and what some have called a slight feeling of ‘aggression’ benefits their lifts in the gym as it improves their competitive streak. Just be sure not to get too competitive and keep your lifts smart and safe.
- LGD-4033 may help patients recover from hip fractures. Phase 2 of the clinical trial of Ligandrol is currently underway. Viking Pharmaceuticals noticed that older individuals are at higher risk of suffering a hip fracture and, due to sarcopenia (the natural decline of muscle mass after the age of 30), it’s harder for individuals to both retain and build lean muscle mass. Combined with a hip fracture, and the rate of morbidity due to complications after a fall increases. A supplement such as Ligandrol, which helps increase bone mineral density as well as increase lean muscle mass without the side effects of traditional treatments such as steroids is a promising treatment for an otherwise overlooked population.
- LGD-4033 may treat muscle wasting caused by cancer. Anabolicum’s Phase 1 clinical trial showed promising results for building and preserving lean muscle mass in healthy young men, which has lead Viking Pharmaceuticals to investigate how LGD could be used to treat caxechia (muscle wastage) caused by cancer. Trials are currently underway (2016). 
Benefits have been documented with dosages as little as 3-10mg every 24 to 36 hrs. Research subjects have been known to tolerate therapy with notable benefits after 2 weeks with improvements continuing for up to 5 months (20 weeks). Note that research recognizes an increase in tolerance after 3 months with benefits continuing to decrease.
Many male users report the upper ideal limit for LGD to be 10mg per day in the morning for twelve weeks.
Although some women have reported using LGD-4033, it has been suggested that it may cause masculinization lower doses are recommended. Females are advised to stick to an upper limit of 5mg per day.
The chart below is a simple guideline that will work for 99.9% of people:
- For Bulking: A protein-rich diet is also necessary as well as higher caloric intake if you plan to beef up by at least 10 lbs.
- For Cutting: Use LGD-4033 with SARMS triple pack (GW-501516, S-4, and LGD-4033) to make it more effective as you are aiming to add more size while cutting fat. The suggested dosage is 3-5 mg a day for 8 weeks.
- For Recomping: LGD-4033 is best used for recomping. Many users have said that they’ve observed a boost in lean body mass and fat loss. Using it together with other SARMS such as Cardarine will give you a stronger and better recomp. The suggested dosage is 5-8 mg per day for 8 weeks.
In the studies done on Ligandrol, they are using sometimes as little as 1mg and still seeing pronounced muscle gain. This randomized, double-blind study showed that it was safe even up to 22 mg per day for average people.
This compound is not harsh on the liver and does not lead to issues like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and prostate problems, etc. The recommended dosage for LGD 4033 is 10 mg per day and the ideal cycle duration is 8 to 12 weeks. However, for women, it is advised to cut the dosage into half.
The half-life of this anabolic compound is 24 to 36 hours, so one dose per day is sufficient. Moreover, it does not matter if you take your dose with food or on an empty stomach, or during the day or night.
Side Effects of LGD 4033
As with all supplements, some side effects have been noted by both users of Ligandrol and during studies. However, it’s worth noting that the side effects of LGD-4033 appear to be not only minimal and reversible but outweighed by the benefits.
The primary Clinical Trial Phase 1 showed that LGD-4033 was well-tolerated and safe at all doses.
However, some side effects reported by users online include:
- Hair growth as well as shedding
- Muscle Pumps
However, whether these side effects can be attributed to Ligandrol is hard to say, as some users do not purchase their SARMs from reputable sources.
Keep in mind that results and side effects vary by individual, particularly as a minimally-studied, non-FDA approved supplement.
Bottom Line: There have been no serious or long-lasting negative effects reported as a result of taking LGD 4033.
And with its 24-hour half-life, anything you DO experience will go away pretty quickly. I also recommend you limit each cycle to a maximum of 6 to 8 weeks and take a full month off before you take it again.
Don’t be stupid, or irresponsible, and always be aware of how your body is responding to it and you’ll be okay.More on the Side Effects (Click to Expand)
Does LGD-4033 cause temporary suppression of testosterone?
An interesting side effect of Ligandrol is a dose-dependent suppression of total testosterone and hormone-binding globulin levels. Although Ligandrol increased lean body mass, the study showed testosterone suppression from baseline to day 21 of the three-week study. 
However, once LGD-4033 was discontinued, testosterone levels returned to their normal baseline by day 56. A mini-PCT (Post Cycle Therapy) should assist the body in returning to baseline. You could also purchase a test booster just to be on the safe side.
Post Cycle Therapy (PCT)
Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) is required when taking SARMS to help preserve muscle gains, prevent fat accumulation, maintain mood and motivation, and retain strength in muscles. Cycling also helps to allow hormone levels to return to their natural state in order to prevent unwanted dependency.
Typically, a PCT will last the same duration as supplementation. So if a user supplemented with a hormone for 12 weeks, a PCT of 12 weeks would also be required to bring their hormones back to baseline. You don’t need Nolvadex for PCT, and a simple over the counter supplement should do the trick.
Rad140 Vs LGD 4033
Both compounds have gained considerable popularity due to their proven fitness results. They come with a wide range of benefits and a high anabolic to androgenic ratio. The best thing about these compounds is that they don’t convert into estrogen. So you’re safe from all the nasty estrogenic effects like gynecomastia, acne, hair loss, and libido issues etc.
Another good thing about these supplements is that they do not have any serious side effects. The only known adverse effect in these supplements is a hormonal imbalance and this is exactly why experts recommend the users to go for a proper post cycle therapy after completing their cycle.
Most of the users believe that LGD 4033 and RAD 140 should be cycled no longer than 12 weeks. However, it is still recommended to keep your cycle as short as 8 to 9 weeks. It should be noted here that both these supplements aren’t made for beginners. They are highly potent and can lead to irreversible damage to your health if you haven’t taken SARMs before.
So it is advised for the beginners to go for Andarine and Ostarine before moving to LGD 4033 or RAD 140. You can also consider Epiandrosterone as a starting option.
Benefits of RAD140 vs LGD
When it comes to a range of benefits, RAD 140 takes the lead as it can be applied to various fitness goals. It is a perfect bodybuilding supplement to gain strength and muscle mass. At the same time, it does wonder when it comes to shedding body fat and enhancing cardiovascular endurance. It is also perfect for recomposition.
However, RAD 140 may not be the best option when it comes to bulking, whereas LGD-4033 is known for its bulking abilities. So if you’re in your bulking phase, you might actually want to go for LGD-4033 instead of RAD 140.
RAD 140 has a very high anabolic to androgenic ratio (90:1) which means that this supplement is highly potent and anabolic but does not do well when it comes to cell growth. Its androgenic effects are minimum which is again a benefit.
Where to Buy LGD 4033 Online
Due to the recent ban of SARMs, you can no longer get them from some of the reputable sites that were available back then. If you want to use LGD-4033 in your next cycle and are ready to buy it online, you can purchase it right here at Powersupps UK. To try some for yourself, you can browse our collection when you’re ready to buy LGD-4033 supplements online.
We have high-quality LGD-4033 at great prices and fast shipping.
Powersupps UK offers legitimate LGD 4033 by Evolved Research online at some of the best prices.
Here are some of the reviews I have found from people who have cycled LGD 4033 and what they have to say…
My ex was tiny like you. I put her on 5mg a day of LGD and she had really good results, her immune system also got way better and she no longer was so underweight…she put on some quality lean mass.
I have gained a pretty good amount of strength from this cycle. My core lifts have increased by 20-25%. – TikTak
I took an 8 week cycle of LGD 4033 I’ve been off now for a week I’m still getting great pumps I still kept all the strength I gained on my pct now I did experience a little upset stomach a few times through my 8 week cycle butt nothing else LGD 4033 is the best thing out there I gained 15 pounds of muscle I’m 43 now and felt like I was back in my twenties I had awesome pumps and massive gains with this product. – Max Limone
Final Review: Our Opinion on Ligandrol
Renowned in the bodybuilding industry as the strongest SARM on the market, LGD-4033 is considered one of the best supplements to build lean muscle without the side effects of steroids.
Thanks to its anti-catabolic plus anabolic activity, Ligandrol is perfect for recomp as it allows users to both bulk and cut simultaneously. This makes it a stand out supplement in your bodybuilding toolkit that stacks well with other SARMs for incredible results.
Where LGD shines compared to other SARMs is the level of human clinical studies. Although it has not been approved for human use and trials are still being investigated, it has already been proven in some studies to increase lean muscle mass in humans rather than rats or primates.
Additionally, these trials showed promising results in as little as 3 weeks, and anecdotal user reviews support quick gains that last after a 12-week cycle is complete.
Because it selectively targets muscle and bone tissue, LGD-4033 doesn’t have the side effects caused by steroid use.
The only obvious concern with Ligandrol is the dose-related testosterone suppression that needs to be monitored while cycling. However, the fast return to baseline testosterone levels once a cycle and mini PCT has been complete is a huge drawcard for LGD.
Initial studies showed results within a 21-day trial period on healthy male volunteers. Many users report muscle mass results after 4 weeks, although individual results may vary.
Most user-reported reviews suggest taking LGD-4033 for 12 weeks before taking a mini PCT for 4 weeks.
Clinical trials are still being performed, and LGD-4033 is not FDA approved for human use. However, existing studies and user-reported reviews are promising and state that LGD is safe and well tolerated over a range of doses .
Phase 1 clinical trial and anecdotal user reviews show testosterone suppression that quickly reverses once the cycle is complete.
Most users suggest taking LGD in the morning as it may increase stamina. Some users report mild insomnia, which makes taking Ligandrol in the a.m. a wise decision.
Yes, LGD-4033 is legal to purchase from a number of research companies for research purposes. It is not yet sold for human consumption.
No, LGD is not a steroid and its primary androgenic action is to selectively target muscle and bone cells instead of the prostate.
Anecdotal female reviews show promising results at the maximum female dosage of 5mg/day.
If you’re genetically prone to it, Ligandrol could cause hair loss on as low as 10mg a day. Just reduce your dosage even further, and it will probably stop.
We strongly advise taking a PCT due to the testosterone suppression that has been confirmed in both clinical trials and reported by users. Rest assured that these levels will return to normal once the cycle is complete, but a PCT will help you return to baseline faster.
Yes! In fact, I think it’s a great stack to take together. Since SARMs are non methylated, you won’t have to worry about stacking your Ligandrol whether it’s with MK 677, RAD 140, or any other SARM.
1. Basaria, Shehzad et al. “The Safety, Pharmacokinetics, and Effects of LGD-4033, a Novel Nonsteroidal Oral, Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator, in Healthy Young Men.” The Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences 68.1 (2013): 87–95. PMC. Web. 17 Mar. 2018. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4111291/
2. Handlon, Anthony L. et al. “Optimizing Ligand Efficiency of Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators (SARMs).” ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters 7.1 (2016): 83–88. PMC. Web. 17 Mar. 2018. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4716610/